The GOOD or sense making cycle
- The Game – Understanding and formulating the general situation – situational awareness.
- Landscape – Observe the climatic patterns, i.e. the elements of the situation which you cannot (easily) change.
- Actions – Select the action patterns (doctrines, heuristics) to apply.
- Decide – select the right direction
The Leadership cycle
- Focus – communication about framework conditions and specifications. Give direction.
- Align – Ensure there is agreement on objectives – when I delegate, does what I expect happen?
- Enable – Ensure that all necessary skills and information are available to the people and capabilities are available to the team.
- Empower – Delegating and giving responsibility is the reflection of autonomy.
Connect the two circles
- Act – Transfer into the FAEE Cycle
- Learn – Transfer learnings back from the FAEE Cycle